Sunday, March 30, 2008

On a roll

Unrelated but cute: This is Isobel wearing Everett's Spider Man outfit.

I have been wanting to decluttering and organizing my trouble spots lately. My trouble spots are our most common spots (laundry,recycling, kitchen counters, and school stuff). Somehow, since Friday, I have been able to square things up . . . literally. All needed and wanted items are in boxes and drawers and anything that I usually keep tripping over or have not used is in other boxes to Goodwill or the garbage. I even tackled Everett's room so that things are easier for HIM to put away! As a bonus, miracle really, I was able to batch cook this months meals. I am blogging this because I may never get a chance again to be this far ahead. I guess you will all be able to hold me to it too as you visit. As you know, as you clean a mess you make a mess. So we played our chore game (Evie and I do this in preparation for Ian coming home. This time Ian got to "play"). On little slips of paper we write down all the things that need to be done. The fun part is adding in the silly ones (kiss your moma, quack like a duck, act like a chicken, ect). All the slips are in a bowl and you must do what you draw without complaining! Ian had to slither like a snake and Everett peacefully sorted and folded all the laundry (second miracle?). My house is mostly clean, I know what we will be eating, and I am ready for the week . . . so far.

I will add pictures soon

4 comments:

Cambria said...

Tami,
I am SO glad for you and your productive weekend! I have tagged you on my blog. Go to www.rollonorth.blogspot.com to see what you have to do. I can't wait to see your answers. Its fun for us mamas to "play" a little once in a while. Even if its just 10 minutes to think about things we don't normally have time to think about! Thanks for being a great friend.
Cambria

Chantel said...

WOW Tami! Way to go in getting organzied. I've been thinking of doing the same thing and have just needed that kick in the rear, I mean encouragement to get started. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is impressive!

Alliwoo said...

You're impressive Lady! Simply impressive!