Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Calm Spirit

Where have I been? Enjoying a calm spirit! A week ago, my mom came up for a surprise visit. I say surprise because for a retired lady she sure is busy. I guess being the mom of 7 never ends. Anyway, she came up and took the kids and I to the Lynden Craft Show. I felt like a kid getting out of school for the day. Only shopping and coffee. No laundry, dishes, fights (amen), and such. A total treat! Wait it gets better. Then I was able to go to a women's retreat for the weekend (more about Above Rubies later). Once again, no laundry, dishes, fighting, all my meals were made for me, lots of coffee anytime, and God's word and will poured out on me !!!! It was great. Then in a couple of more days it was time to see my mom again! How cool.

We have been studying rocks in preparation for Easter (Jesus is our Rock of Salvation, the stone that was rolled away). We collected rocks and made our own.



Then we went on the Seattle Underground Tour with my parents


Here is an old bank vault that my treasures were interested in. And of course, Isobel can find a bathtub anywhere even underground!


Ok, who is shocked? It is me and my parents it was bound to happen.
We finished our day with dinner and a hot tub. It was great. Thanks moma and papa.
Next came Easter. Amen! Amen! Amen! We did the Resurection cookies, but there are no pictures because I was realy trying to focus on Everett and story. One more dinner I did not have to cook and here we are. I am back to the laundry, dishes, meals, and such. But with such joy and a calm spirit, it seems just as nice as the previous week. Thank you Lord for my family and home and the privleged position to care for it for your glory.

3 comments:

schmittfamily4 said...

You're doing a blog!! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Tami, I'm so happy for your times of refreshment, relaxation, and fun! Awesome perspective as you head back into the thick of all this mothering stuff! Love you ~ Camee :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog; yeah! Love it!