Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cool School

Before my camera battery died, I was able to capture the view from our garden school room:
Here is the only other shot: Everett was pushing the wheelbarrow to the row of broccoli we were to harvest. Maybe it was a good thing I was unable to take pictures so my hands and attention were focused on Evie . . . since he had a sharp knife. Yes a knife. Boy am I glad we have been working on those knife skills at home. He did great once he knew what he was to do. Altogether we were able to scavenge an extra flat of broccoli that was delivered to the food bank that night. On our way out there, Everett saw someone standing on the side of the road with a sign. As I passed him, Evie told me that we should have stopped (often we will hand out cereal bars). As we were gathering the garden food, I explained that this is another way for him to help someone who is hungry. Volunteers we work with now know we are at school when we are at the garden. They smile and happily say "I wish I could have gone to a school like that". Some add "I would have learned more!"

Here are some other pictures from school:and

one more:

What else to do at the end of the day but wrestle with dad!














No comments: