Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy to be like my Moma

My moma waited with me. She would stand there waiting with us for the city bus on our way to school. My moma who worked more hours than I realized, cooked, washed, and balanced our everyday spent precious time with us waiting for a bus. In the cold. In the rain. And on days I'm sure she was planning more that could be done in one little 24 hour period. She waited! She chose me!! Evie asks me to cuddle with him at bedtime. Oh! So close to the finish line. I just want to be done for the day. A little me time. Hubby time. Some time to straighten the living room so I can see it clean and pretty in the morning (it helps, ok). But I choose him! I was thinking about this time that matters to him and what my moma did for me. I am tempted to do so much but I think about his heart and memory of me, and so I think of my moma. She never ran out on me. In her bathrobe and umbrella, busy day ahead, she stayed with me. So I stay with him. Thanks mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! You're lovely.