Friday, February 29, 2008

Key to Evie's heart

Even though I stay at home, home school, daddy comes home every night, and such, intentional special fun time with the kids gets missed. So our family dates are a weekly time just to have fun with our kids. After dinner we usually head to our favorite ice cream shop Mallards. We tend not to mention it to Everett just in case time runs out on our way to the free show at the library. As we parked he asked if we were in fact getting ice cream! Yes. "Wow, mom and dad, you love me". Ok, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That's a great idea, Tami!

Mmm... and ice cream would be my first choice, too!

What is the "free show at the library"? In the evenings?

Also, thank you for the meals. We ate the enchiladas the night you dropped them off and are saving the sweet and sour for another day. Your thoughtfulness truly blesses me.

~Stacy
oh! and I'm GLAD you're getting the adoption bug! Couldn't be happier with that news! :)