Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Evie's Skills!

Evie fell in love with Legos about 6 months ago. One of our friends, Nic, stayed with the kids for one of our date nights. Before that night, he made simple things. Ever since then he has made "complex creations". He now brings us transportation devices that I can recognize as such. My question has changed from "what is it?" or "tell me about it" to "what are its special powers?" and "what is its mission or job?" There is usually (a long) explanation as to its purpose or past. They are very cool and we are very proud and impressed. Way to go Evie!!!


His latest talent has been the near mastery of our (my) coffee maker. For the last two Saturdays, I have watched from my pillow as he does all that is needed (yes needed) to make a fresh pot of coffee! Smart kid. It's like dangling a carrot. "Come on Moma. You can get up. The coffee is hot and ready. Come on Moma. You can do it . . . " Like I said, smart kid! And I love him for it (being Evie, not a barrista) although it is really good. Nothing compaired to the coffee I used to make my parents.


No comments: