Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My "Altar"

I am reading many books right now. One of which is "Welcome Home Daddy". It is about traditional values for modern mothers. More loving God through honoring my husband and caring for our kids. In the first chapter it painted this picture: "I want to look at my kitchen sink as an altar, a place where the work I do for my family becomes a love offering poured out to God". I loved it! As I got up to look at my "altar" it was covered by those that I love and that love me. The window frames such a beautiful outside and I love it when the sun shines through it (when there is sun :)
Honestly, I only moved two things out of the way for this. There is a picture of Everett, Isobel and Ian. A few cards of friendship. Part of my tea cup collection. Some home school growing projects. And a plaque a friend gave me: "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world". Enjoy your day with your children.

2 comments:

Alliwoo said...

Cleaning up my kitchen yesterday, I thought of my altar and your post. Mine has a picture of Kendall and two plants on it. Maybe I should spruce it up a bit...

Kelly said...

Aahhh....how wonderful. Reading through your blog, it sounds like you all are doing great. Miss you guys so much and think of you often!!