Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It seems that my days are consumed by getting food in (and out) of Abigail and getting her to sleep. At one time she was great about going to sleep on her own. This weekend it all seemed to change. Now we have the heart wrenching task of teaching her to help herself to sleep. Oh my heart! But babies should sleep for longer than 20 or 40 min!! But all of this has brought me to my God on my knees. It is obvious I can not do this on my own in my own strength. Or without the friends he's given me (who I call for wisdom, help, and distraction). But, it has provided routine times for Everett, Isobel, and I to gather and pray for her, our patience, and peace in our home.
And in the meantime, we are still schooling, cleaning, and playing. Sometimes it looks like this:
Our "big kids" took advantage of the wind and rain. They enjoy extreme weather. Soon they came in asking if they could put mud on their faces. Ummm, ok.
See I don't feel like getting out much these days. I find it extremely nerve racking to leave the house for the one hour that Abigail is not sleeping or nursing. I'm happy to have people over or pay shipping costs on the household needs. Such as utilizing diapers.com. I needed diapers, diaper cream, and breastmilk bags, and snack bars. They were here at my door in two days with free shipping. Love it!

2 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Love those faces! All of them.
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Love you friend! Praying ..