Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Historical Dinner

We too went to the Historical Dinner. Since we are still studying colors and Noah, I kinda insisted that Ev go as Noah. He did a good job putting up with my character choice.
Not wanting to be left out, Isobel and I dug through our dress up box and found this. It is actually my old horse show outfit from when I was four + Ian's old hat and Everett's clothes pin gun from our trip to Winthrop = Little Annie Oakley. She was SO cute!I love this photo. Two of her friends came as Indians and our little gun slinger.Ian was a trooper. At the last minute he decided to dress up too . . . as Cesar. Does he look confused? I might be too if I was having a dinner conversation with a 3 year old Sacajawea.I attempted to go as Helen Keller. That did not go so well. I talk to much.
Everett presented his ark we made out of popsicle sticks. It was 1/120th scale with a picture of Everett on a scrabble square (1/2 in) to show how truly massive Noah's job was.Thank you Syndi for all your effort for a great night.

3 comments:

Echo said...

The costumes are great and the ark turned out wonderful. That is so cool that Ian joined in and dressed up I know that is a stretch for him. Just more proof of how much you are loved.

Anonymous said...

I was bummed not to get to see Everett, I mean, Noah, give his presentation. I didn't even know he brought the ark until I saw the pictures on the blogs....tell him I am SO PROUD that he built an ark that really LOOKED LIKE what the ark looked like, and not the little tiny boat with the animal heads sticking out that most stories show, which is totally unrealistic! Way to go! And Annie Oakley was about the cutest thing there....well, close! :)
~jess o.

Unknown said...

Your whole family was great! I'd like to know what Ruby was saying to Ian. You never know what they are going to say.