Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Words or Actions

My husband likes initiative: "He has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value" (Proverbs 31:11). He has said before, he likes to know that I can handle things if ever he was not here. I personally avoid thinking of such a case. I hope this helps however:
We were building the chicken coop together. The kids held in for a while, but then the rain persisted and they retreated to the indoors. I stuck around. Literally in the mud. I wrestled wire, managed tools, and tried to plan a step or two ahead. I even sacrificed my kitchen floor. I had just cleaned it yesterday! Oh well. I am sure my actions speak louder than words in my thanks for his skill and support in building the coop, my willingness to get filthy for a purpose, and that I really can be capable of rising to the occasions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job!! I sure do miss you.

Syndi said...

Wow! You are a such a trooper and I'm very envious of your little backyard homestead.

Stacy said...

Great job, Tami! I'm proud of you. You're "speaking" your man's love language! :)