Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not our usual day

We started our day as usual (school and morning work). Next we were off to the dentist. It's not far. The kids rode their bikes and I got in a swift walk. It is bike month (at least in Bellingham). We are trying to bike, walk, and bus as much as possible.

Anyway, back at the dentist, Evie did great. Isobel . . . next time. Everett has 2 loose teeth!!! Gross! I can not handle loose teeth. I had way to many oral surgeries to find the joy in this part of coming of age. Despite that, Evie is way excited! To him this means he is getting older and bigger.On our bike ride home we came across a dead snake. "Moma, can we take it home PLEEEEEASE." You are gonna think I've lost it, but I said OK. What could it hurt? Why not? Maybe we could use it for school or something.

I had a back appointment and some errands to do, then it was time to get dinner ready. You know, an hour or so before you actually want to eat it. So just how do you make left overs appealing? Everett and I created a menu:set the table fancy, and told daddy that his "reservations" were ready.

How proud does that adorable waiter look. Thank you Daddy and Isobel for being great sports.

Oh, we even had a sign for the bathroom . . . like a another real restaurant.

1 comment:

bergerondozen@yahoo.com said...

Good thing those figures on the bathroom are labeled...I never really pictured Ian being that...muscular :)