Sunday, May 9, 2010

For My Mom

My moma was raised by a single father in the 50's. Grandpa Everett (sound familiar) was an engineer, WW2 bomber crewman, and a student. He really was a hero. Without him, my mom would not be who she is and I would not be who I am. Education has always been a big one for my mom. She even tutors students at her local elementary school now. So part of my gift to her was a donation in her name through Samaritan's Purse to help a child learn to read and write through their gift catalog.

The other part of her gift was a text to look up 3 John 1:4: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth"

She loved both. I wanted her to know that I know her, her heart, her hard work, and that her generational dream is important to me, my heart, is my hard work, and will be my generational dream too.

I love you Moma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your Moma too! She is a treasure.