Thursday, December 3, 2009

There's Stuff On My Floor

and there is no one picking it up. Our beloved Tegan passed away today.

I had to call Ian home from work. I have never done that. I have asked him to hustle home, but never leave work. He happens to work only 5 minutes away and our son needed his daddy! He was here right away. I was strong until I saw him, then I lost it. He was so strong and took action. He did all the right things right way, even making dinner. It could not have been easy for him.

It made me start sobbing all over again as I brought in the dinner dishes. Pre-dinner ingredients on the floor and scraps on the plates. Tegan was a birthday present to Ian 9 years ago. My husband wanted a house, so he could have a yard, so he could have a fence, so he could have a dog. Tegan was our first living responsibility. He was a moma's dog though. Always right behind me as I worked in our home. He would cuddle with me in the morning as I drank my coffee. This bedtime hour is super hard though. Everett and Tegan have always been together as far as Everett is concerned. In fact, Tegan probably had more of the bed the last couple of years! He was our buddy and a family member. Here are some things we will remember about him:
-The way he always walked himself home the last hundred yards or so of a walk, playfully wrestling his leash as we went.
-The large guy thought he was a lap dog . . . at 90lbs!
-How he SO gently took treats from your hands
-Protector of his kids and their friends.
-If he barked he was allowed to eat it, since he rarely did. Chances were if he did not like it, we would not either.
-He would sit so upright, he looked like a human.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

I have tears in my eyes for your family. I'm so sorry. Tegan was an awesome dog. Hugs to you all.

Syndi said...

I'm so sorry Tami. You must be heart broken. I really feel for you all. He was a very sweet dog. I'll be praying for comfort for you all.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. Teagan was a great dog! So good with the children and Ev takes things so hard. I hope you all rest in His hands.

Renee from A Baker's Dozen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tami.

Renee

Anonymous said...

Thank you my friends!-Tami