Monday, March 16, 2009

Ruby return and for future reference

We are home from the Above Rubies Retreat. What a great time to be surrounded by friends and others who are all like minded. I loved the prepared meals, great council, new perspectives and side hurting laughing. Thank you honey for letting me go. I feel ready to be the wife and mother, I always wanted to be, for the glory of Christ!

So just when would my feet touch back down. . . oh about 5 minutes after I said goodbye to the girls and closed the door. Isobel was tired and defiant. Evie tired and hyper. Ian and I just wanting a couple of minutes alone. Kids up right on time the next morning, schooling, meals prepared (with joy I might add). One ending like this:
A burn to the lip and a mother questioning appropriate treatment. This picture (not that it does justice) is about two pluse hours after her very helpful attempt to blow on dinner FRESH out of the oven. I knew no ice. I thought a cold wet cloth. But the large white brewing blister had me doubting any other care. I checked the web. Thought about calling Renee but she mainly deals in subcutaneous tissue, not burns. I called the Dr. They wanted to see her, of course I thought, but it was good to be seen. We were told the lip heals very quickly! The burn was not blistering but definitely very dead tissue. It will protect the new skin to come about and only then do we need to put any ointment on it. Just for future reference.

No comments: