Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's been 11 years

I was a 17 and he was 18. We met through a friend of his, that I worked with, at our local theater. Our first date was on Dec 28, 1995. I wore his promise ring the summer of 1996 (yep, 6 months later :) We were married at the daisy/country/ summer wedding of my dreams on August 22, 1998. I wore my grandmothers necklace, my friends earrings and Keds. The sweet guy that he is, let me choose EVERY detail with only one request: where the cake came from . . . and some flavors. Although, he did thumb through a wedding dress catalog and while showing it to me said he did like "this dress" . . . it was the same one that I had ordered and had made special for me and my short little legs! Out of all those pages?!
On our day, we were surrounded by friends and many family. It was the best party and I did not want to leave.

No comments: