Monday, June 15, 2009

Hi, My name is Tami . . .

and I have a bargain problem. I delayed school today so that we could be at Goodwill when the doors opened. I have done my best to repair and work with our current delinquent vacuum, in hopes that something better would come along (but not break the bank either). A vacuum was originally priced for $80 at Goodwill! Even at their 40% off sale I was not game. But this morning blue tags $1.27. So there I was giving my son permission to walk ahead of me to the vacuum section and to find the one with "o" on it (a teachable moment right . . . .) So the door opens, in we walk quickly, are the first ones to lay hands on the vacuum that I have eyeballing for a month or so, and there it is . . . a new $50 red tag! WHAT!! In dismay, we do some other shopping.I approach Mr. Nice Staff Guy and he proceeds to due some asking on our behalf. Then Mr. Manger says oops and yes to the blue $1.27 sale price. So yes, here is my new vacuum, an Oreck, for $1.27!!!!

Some much needed colored pencils.A school game for either kiddo. And another Franklin book. Can you believe we did not have this one in our 20+ collection

Now, back to normal school, then grocery shopping, then pick up my car, then track, then . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a kid at heart (64 years old)and I love Franklin although I have never read any of the books. I have a laminated poster of Franklin hanging on the ceiling of my bathroom and around the border are small pictures of 22 different Franklin stories. Glad your family likes him also. Ann

Syndi said...

What a great deal!!! You are resourceful. I often delay school to go to Goodwill. :]