Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun Idea

Right now for school (yep still going) we are finishing up gardening/growing food/fruits of the spirit. So using my extreme artistic skills (HA! Those are my sisters) I very simply drew a symbol for the Fruits of the Spirit. Since all that was on hand was my cell phone for pictures: Love/ heart, Joy/smiley face, Peace/bird flying, Patience/clock, Kindness/outline of my hand, Goodness/my best drawing of a thumbs up, Gentleness/leaf, Faithfulness/curved long road, Self control/bicep. Now here's the fun part. We took all our beloved Franklin books and placed them under the corresponding drawing based on how Franklin acted or what he learned. It was great! Above that are the numbers 1-24 (24 for how far out some of our summer highlights are planned). So we labeled them with the highlights. Then every morning we "subtract" one. Way fun, plus I know how far way some birthdays are, the 4th, etc.
Just thought I would share some fun things.

No comments: