Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day What?

Ok, I have a hard time knowing what day it is normally but I am beginning to feel a bit like a nomad and that somehow makes it worse. We had to switch hotels in Leavenworth only to leave to go to Chelan for a night, to return to Leavenworth for the work week. That's ok. I have always wanted to come to Chelan. Though in my dreams it was always warmer than this:

We did get a chance to see the Wenatchee Pioneer Museum on Friday before we left. Way Cool!!! The kids want to go back and take daddy. We had the whole place to ourselves. We were given a paper with questions to answer on one side and pictures of things to find on the other. They were way to excited to participate much in it. Everett quickly observed one exhibit only to move on to the next with Isobel right behind him. They loved it.




















Here they are holding up an 1900's bank

The sign entering Wenatchee claims "Apple Capital of the World". This is a partial wall entirely covered with old apple box labels.



Evie did slow down at times to fill in some of the answers. Here he is recording the date the Eight Mile Tunnel was finished: January 12 1929 to a tune of $14 MILLION. I guess my friend is right. Learning in a fun way helps you retain and make real information





These are for my parents. Thanks moma and papa. Our trip has been great!
This was such a fun place to visit. It has encouraged me to check out other museums in other towns near our home. I think the kids would like it too since "Are there any museums or libraries around?" was the question they asked the front desk when we checked in today. I love that!





No comments: