Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day One

While Ian and I were watching a movie last week, he asked me if I too would pack up and follow him cross country (the main characters were pioneers). Though we are definitely not roughing it, I did pack our family up, and here we all are in Leavenworth for the next two weeks. We are calling this a vacation where Ian works part of the time. He will be working on a hospital in Wenatchee (30 minutes away or so). How ironic since both kids got colds a few days before we left. While Isobel is ok, and even improving, Everett is on every asthma treatment we can give him. Ugh!!! His barking and breathing resulted in us mapping out the route to the nearest hospital (just a few streets away). We thought about cancelling our family trip and just sending dad, but you as any other parent would know, to be a mountain range apart would drive you crazy. So at least this way we are all together.
We brought a few school items (pattern shapes, battle ship, dice and card games, ect) and Rescue Hero's. Before deciding if we all came or not, Ian and I checked out Leavenworth's Parks and Rec and library options. There is a library right in town and many museums. Oh we can't wait. A whole new library . . . yes!

Both kids did great in the car despite the fact that Isobel does not travel well for any trip lasting 20 minutes or longer. Once out of the car though, they were in the snow. I however, wanted to stay in here.

Yes those are my books. Yes that is my white blanket. And yes the fire is already going! Ian's work is paying a certain dollar amount for his lodging since he was willing to accept this assignment. We are in turn, paying my parents for their "points" they spent to set us up here in one of their time share's. A fully furnished two room condo with hot tubs, rec room and that giant sledding hill in our back yard.

As I write this, Ian and I continue hear Everett cough and struggle. Please pray for Everett to heal and Ian to be at ease and focus for work.


2 comments:

Alliwoo said...

Parker(my 10 year old) has allergy induced asthma. About two weeks ago he had a horrible night of coughing every 2-3 minutes. We tried a new over the counter cough suppressant called Delsym. It is thee BEST cough relief we have ever found.

Check it out and maybe call your DR. to see what they say about it.

Heather said...

I hope that Evie is feeling better! Looks like you guys are having a blast over there! :0) Loved the videos. Rhylee enjoyed watching them.. over and over.. and over again!