Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back From Vacation ( . . . still adding text)

We started with a little geo caching during our road trip. Here Isobel is sad that she is not holding the GPS. Great start. We are only a few hours into our 4 day trip . . . .

The drive is beautiful heading East on Hwy 20. Ian loves it over here.and I use to find it to brown and dry. When we were dating we drove to Twisp and back . . . just because. I had no idea where we were going. I am still learning which highway goes which way and what cities are there. Anyway, I am glad we went back. The weather was great. Sunny but enjoyable.

We rented a cabin on the Methow River. I learned a couple things during this trip. 1. Ask who is the house keeper and if there have been any problems recently. 2. Check fishing status on river. It is not nice to tempt the men in your life all weekend with fish they can not catch on a closed waters river. The lighting is not great but I love the true personalities this picture captured.

Here is my side kick in the kitchen. She cracks me up . "I help", "Me do it", "Stir, sure?"
I've learned some things in cooking with a toddler. Emphasize stir slow. Fill the measuring cup up half way twice and let her pour it in. And always use a bigger bowl than needed.







Isobel's personal goal was to replenish the river with all the rocks that were not already in it! Everett tried ans succeeded in skipping a few and seeing how far he could throw them. We all like it when Ian throws a rock straight up and listening for the cool sound once it enters the water.








Here we are mailing my parents a postcard. They always send the kids one from their travels, so we thought we would do the same.

Of course our family found a book store. The kids and I headed directly to the kids section. We fell in love with two books we had to take home. Isobel and Evie are always ready for story time!











I humored Ian by going to Eastern Wa. He humored me by attending a "Rubber Ducky Race". 1500 duckies were part of a fund raiser. Each duck was $2 and assigned a number. The ducks were dumped over bridge 1 and collected at bridge 2. The first duck there won.



What a sight to see that many duckies floating. I so wanted a ducky. But that would be a direct contradiction to our Christian beliefs . . . and the lessons we teach our children. No stealing is no stealing. Even if there are 1499 others, ALL of them are not ours. So I took pictures! On our way out, Everett commented to someone, oh so honestly, that moma wanted a duck but it would not be ok to take one. Thanks kid. Rating me out to a perfect stranger. I had not done it so

why mention it! Anyway, as I was making dinner in the

kitchen of our cabin, in flew a pink ducky. Mixed emotions, but taking it as a token of love, I laughed. Now what? I have a pink ducky. that I can not display . . . until they are older.


This was a rare sight. No daytime naps, including car time, but out like a light at night. Pretty good for a girl who ONLY sleeps in HER bed! Plus she does not travel well either. And why should she. 99% of our life and friends exists within 2o minutes of our home.








Any parent knows this is a rare sight too. We finally find where the boys want to fish. I am all ready to read in the sun . . . and I fall asleep. Or at least closed my eyes and thought about what I read.
FISHING










We got a chance to befriend a few horses.























































Game time by fireplace. Nice!


We had a great time. So much so, that we are already planing a winter getaway.











4 comments:

Cambria said...

Looks like fun...sure do miss you guys! We always enjoyed our family trips to the Methow Valley. Its beautiful there. Bummer about the fishing. What was up with the ducks with the numbers? Anyway, call me sometime so we can catch up! Love you!

Cambria said...

That was Cambria by the way...not Lydia! LOL!

Echo said...

Looks like you had a great time. Hope you found some cool caches. Can't wait to catch up with you.

Steph :o) said...

I'm gonna have that song from Veggie Tales "King George and the Ducky" in my head all day long...! :o)