Thursday, June 19, 2008

From the Edge

Long time, no see. Ian has been working 5 10 hour days and 2 8 hour days for the last 4 weeks. We see light at the end of the tunnel in that he has this weekend off. Wooo Hooo! I call him "my hero" because he is!! Fun or not, rain or shine, here or there, he goes to work faithfully every day. He has only taken off the days the children were born or hospitalized (one day he even took Everett to work with him. Evie LOVED it, still talks about it and wants to go back) and the first Monday of the Lynden Fair. Without complaint he supports all of us. Thank you Ian for your dedication, skill, and work ethic. Thank you Lord for a consistent job in construction for the last 10 years.
Meanwhile, I have been trying to school and entertain the children during those long hours. They LOVE daddy and ask if he is home every morning. This Saturday he will be. This is what we have been up to:

We had a little bit of summer:
It was actually hot enough for the sprinkler and frozen fruit. Our kids love frozen pineapple and strawberries. I go with what works. It gets a little messy though, thus the sprinkler




Auntie Em (Ian's younger sister) went back to Black Lake Bible Camp as a counselor. Yeah Emy for following your heart and passion. We miss you but are happy for you

We went to the Highland Games in Ferndale. All the cool stuff must have been on the first day. The highlight was the play structure. Fearless Isobel found the monkey bars. It was a little interesting trying to take pictures and be hands free when she finally let go.
We have been introduced to Cub Scout Troop 222. A lot of Everett's buddies have been or are going to be in this troop. I am just trying to gain information before the questions start coming. Here they are making clay volcanoes.

(To answer you question, no papa, they don't)

I know its blurry, but here are our new "pets" as Evie calls them. We have been studying butterflies and here they are arriving in larva form (caterpillars). They have grown very fast. We are excited to see them for chrysalises.


This be the only picture from Father's Day. With all the extra time Ian has been doing, I was intent on making him feel really special. So intent was I, that I failed to call my own Papa. (I am making up for it by saying I love you in person next week). The kids and I made a book of the things we like to do with daddy. We spelled out D-a-d-d-y on paper bags and put gifts in each one. Much needed and wanted shirts and pants went in two, rags for his shop went in another two, and business cards, mentioning the blog I set up for him ,went in the last. Ian is a wood worker in his spare time and has our FULL support. This is one of his raw edged bowls that has been accepted by Artwood in Fairhaven. Please go see his work at http://simpsdesigns.blogspot.com/
Well that is about it so far. See you soon . . . I hope

No comments: