Sunday, June 29, 2008

Alway wear your helmet

God had his hands on our family this weekend. The first we were "being mean" when we asked our son to come to dinner and not ride bikes with two neighborhood kids who have much wider biking boundaries. As we were sitting down to eat, Ian noticed people running around outside. Apparently, one of the boys came strait out of an ally. Oh, and he doesn't wear a helmet. A lady had incredible reflexes and slammed on her brakes. She did hit him. His bike was under the car. He seemed to be more afraid of getting in trouble and begging for no one to call 911. He was only sightly hurt and went home with his mom.

Yesterday was a little hectic, so Ian and I decided to pull our family close together by going on a little local bike ride. I was not trying anything crazy. I just went off a curb . . . and landed on a land bridge in the wet lands behind Lowes. By land bridge I mean pile of dirt and LARGE jagged rocks. Previously to my fall my helmet was perfect and not missing that large chunk in the center. God's had was evident by 1. Jesus had us fall way from more rocks. 2. He had my assaulting rock miss my eye (we avoided the ER and went to the walk in clinic for irrigation and possible stitches). And 3. Isobel only had a minor scrape on her forehead. We all were able to ride the short way home. I sang "Jesus loves me" to Isobel. I have always been calmed by the song and it seems our kids are too.

It stings, it hurts, and it is going to look real ugly! But I am so grateful our kids were spared. It has me ready to cry, but that would really hurt!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You poor thing! =( Hope it heals quickly and painfree!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're OK! And that the kids were spared. Thank you, Jesus! Love you, Tami. :)