Thursday, September 3, 2009

This is our new mailbox for school. In the back compartment is scrapbooking paper cut to fit into envelopes that are in the front compartment. The top drawer holds sticker type address labels. The bottom door is my favorite. It holds these. When Everett was in preschool, I made an alphabet picture book where each person's name (or pet name's) reference represented the letter. I hated to take it apart for 1st grade. On the back of each previous picture, I wrote their address to reflect an envelope (rectangle for return address, square for stamp). Now after the kids chooses a paper, write a note, places it in the provided envelope (with the same rectangle and square), they can easily find the picture of who they'd like to send it to, flip it over and correctly address it. We have used the mail for school quite often. It combines hand writing, spelling, creativity, phonics, ect. Plus grandparents and friends love to get them.I do not know why this photo is posting sideways, but this is Everett with my mom when he was 6 months or so. The other pictures shows the shapes and where the address would be.

No comments: