Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was like just like any mothers day. I could not find the car keys, slight conflict with spouse, children playing together well then fighting, then playing, ect. ect. I am happy to have it though. I have always wanted to be a mom. There were years of painful losses and very little hope felt. I have it so good and I feel it with every kiss. I was terrified to have a daughter. I am not very girly and I do not know how to prepare a girl to be a woman. And I am a woman. Why would I wish that on another (but I must say I am learning its glorious position). But God has a plan. I was given a son who is very much like me (server, harder on himself than anyone else, people pleaser . . . ) and a daughter who already seems stronger than I yet can be so tender. I thought the difference between a son or daughter relationship would be felt when they were more grown. But as girls we can share moments like these. We love hot baths! I needed to shave my legs. So I lathered my leg. Then she did too. Then the other one. Then she did too. Then it turned into this:
She was so caring. I just soaked it up, trying to burn this memory and picture in. But as mentioned, I often can not remember where I put my car keys, so we called for daddy to take a digital memory for us. These years will fly by . . . and they have. I so remember the pain of not having children. I want to remember the JOY I now have in them. Thank you Ian for making me a moma. Thank you God Everett and Isobel who call me "Moma"

1 comment:

Echo said...

Thank you for the reminder of the good old days. As I face another day with a surly pre-teen I need a reminder of the sweet child he was and can sometimes be.